Leaf River Ranch – Listing Details
JUNE 20TH WAS THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY IN OVER 60 YEARS TO BUY THIS LAND.
STERLING LAND COMPANY AND GORDON STADE AUCTION COMPANY CONDUCTED A VERY SUCCESSFUL PUBLIC AUCTION OF THE 1,412 ACRE LEAF RIVER RANCH.
RESULTS OF THE AUCTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Parcel #1-210.627 Acres sold for $7,525/Acre.
- Parcel #2-126.114 Acres sold for $7,525/Acre.
- Parcel #3-191.8 Acres sold for $4,800/Acre.
- Parcel #4-80 Acres sold for $5,200/Acre.
- Parcel #5-513.196 Acres sold for $4,575/Acre.
- Parcel #6-130 Acres sold for $5,100/Acre.
- Parcel #7-160.3 Acres sold for $4,100/Acre.
Overall Average on the day was $5,339/Acre or about $7,539,000 total-
well above pre-auction estimates.
Thanks to all who attended and of course to the many active bidders. And especially to the three Trustees of the Ford Ferguson Trust – Suzanne Farmer, John Ferguson and James Ferguson. It was an honor to have been hired to sell this unique property.
Sale will be held at 10:00 am June 20, 2017 at the Bertolet Building in Leaf River, Illinois.
The Leaf River Ranch consists of a total of 1,412 contiguous acres. Making for an excellent cattle ranch along with a myriad of recreational and hunting opportunities.
- Private Secluded Farm just 15 minutes from the Interstate 39
- Ongoing cattle operation onsite
- Large Farm Acreage – Property will be offered in 7 separate parcels from 80-534 acres
- Recreation and Hunting Opportunity